Care and Recovery After COVID-19
The Care and Recovery After COVID-19 (CARE) Clinic supports and treats patients who have continued symptoms or complications after confirmed COVID-19 illness. These long-term issues can include problems with the heart, lungs, kidneys, brain, blood clotting, and sleep and mood disorders.
- Clinic visits 30 days COVID-19 illness, and then follow-up visits every three months for the first year
- Comprehensive assessment, evaluation and up-to-date supportive management of symptoms
- Screening for potential COVID-19 related complications
- When needed, coordination of specialized care from our team of experts in:
- Infectious Diseases
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Communication with a patient’s primary care physician to discuss recommendations
Appointments (Physician referral not required)
Eligible patients (those who have had a positive case of COVID-19, confirmed by a nasal swab, saliva or blood antibody test) can schedule by calling 314-996-8103 and asking for an appointment in the CARE Clinic.
Providers can refer a patient through Epic by placing an “Ambulatory Referral to Internal Medicine” and specifying CARE Clinic in the notes section.